Tuesday 17 January 2012

Storyboard of my Short film

A storyboard is an important part of the making process because without a storyboard the filming will take a lot longer with no actual focus. With a storyboard the filming is much more focused on getting the shots that the creator knows are necesary. This is why I am going to create a storyboard of my short film so that I can take the sheet with me when I begin filming and have a clear idea of what i need to film.


Short Film Storyboard from Yasmine Rich on Vimeo.

This storyboard will help me with a rough idea of how I want my short film to be shot and from what angles. This is extremely helpful to me it will be a constant reminder of my original ideas for the shots, however this does not mean that I cannot change a short once I begin filming. The storyboard is just there as a guide.

1 comment:

  1. A very good idea for the storyboard, this shows evidence that you have planned the film production.

    However, in order to make it very clear for the examiner what your idea were, it would be a good idea to include a brief audio description. You could use this to clearly demonstrate your ideas, for example, specific shot types that you are using and the reasons for them.

    You should also think about adding some of the actual music you intend using in your actual film, this will help to establish the mood of the piece

    ReplyDelete