Tuesday 17 January 2012

Editing Process

I have written a simple summary of my editing process for editing my short film. This explains in simplified terms how long editing took and what technique I used to complete it.

Editing Process
  • I began editing after my first filming session with Anna and in around five lessons I managed to have edited all my shots for the middle and final part of my film, around 2 minutes long.
  • I continued to fine tune this piece of my work until I went out and got my second set of shots.
  • After this I edited these new shots I had filmed into my film so that I had a rough draft of my film together, then once I had this I continued to carry on editing  every piece of my film until it was as perfect as I could make it.


The issues tht I overcame whilst editng:
                                                           -I lost some of my footage BUT it was all backed up so I got it back
                                                           -Making sound consistent was extremely hard but I managed to get
                                                            it as consistent as possible
                                                           -Finding an appropriate track for my short film was also difficult but 
                                                           after searching many tracks I found one that fits perfectly

This is a useful document for not just the reader but also for me as it sums up the process and the issues that I over came whilst editing my film. This helps me clarify in my mind the length of time that it took and in what way I completed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment