Tuesday 17 January 2012

Costumes and props

This next piece of coursework is to explain the props and costumes that I used within my film, to discuss why I chose them and what significance they have with their meaning in the film.

Props

 The four main props that I used in my short film were the book, the female characters handbag, the camera and the business card. I have discussed the business card seperately. The book which was Wuthering Heights, was a major prop for the film as it was the whole reason why the female character was there. She was there to read. The fact that it was Wuthering Heights is only significant because Wuthering Heights is a twisted love story and although my film is completely different it could be seen as a twisted love story.

The second major prop was again the female characters bright red handbag. This is significant because it was what she was carrying the business card in (within the purse inside). It also was part of the costume which showed part of her personality with the bright colour of the bag representing  her personality.


The camera was also a major prop of the fil as it was wat the male character used to take his potographs with but was also the tool which allowed him to discover the female character again and for the narrative to take place. In which case this prop was pivotal.






Costumes


The costume  for my female character (Anna) was chosen to represent the kind of person that she is within the film. I have already discussed the red bag but not the clothes. The whole outfit was chosen as a casual outfit which someone would wear if they were just out to read a book. However the green shirt adds a smart sense to the outfit allowing the character to have a combination of looks. The outfit also allows the characters personality of being unique come out.






This costume for my male character was chosen again for its casualness. The character is a professional photographer so his smart jeans and shoes, and the un seen shirt underneath give the sense of him being professional in his job.
The emphasis on meaning is so imprtant throughout the short film genre and so is important throughout my short film. This means that I have to explain why I chose the props and the costumes that I did. This allows the reader to understand the personality of the characters and the meaning behind the short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment