Tuesday 17 January 2012

Script for my short film




Once the narrative is in place the next stepping stone is the script this is another milestone because once the script and narrative are in place alongside each other the practical work can keep progressing. The script also reiterates what the narrative tells us but in more detail as the detailed dialogue gives us a greater depth into each character.

Male: Hi, I didn’t expect to see you around here again?
 (Female Character goes to speak but male character is too quick and carries on)

Male: I was just up there doing some work getting some pictures of the sea, its really beautiful around here; it’s my favourite place to shoot. I gave up on hearing from you as you never called and I had no way of contacting you. But when I saw you down here I knew that it was you and I knew that I had to come down and speak to you. I don’t know why, I mean if you had wanted to speak to me you would have called me, but you didn’t. I know we barely even know each other but I just felt something when we were together last time, well I though we could give it a try maybe just go out or spend some time together, I dunno whatever you want?

Female: (in confusion) I’m sorry do I know you?

Male: Ben, we met last week, I was working down here taking pictures and you were sat over their reading, and we got chatting and I nearly got caught by the tide. We moved away from the water and watched the sun go down?

Female: (in confusion) I’m sorry I don’t know you and I don’t remember doing any of those things, you must have got the wrong person.

Male: (in shock) Oh ok, mmm sorry for bothering you.

 (Goes to walk away)

Male: If you do remember here’s my card.


Female: I don’t think I will be needing this.

Having now got the final script worked out it is easier for me to visualise my film as a whole product allowing me to think about what shots I am going to use in my film and to begin working on a storyboard before I go out and start filming my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment