Friday 23 September 2011

The History of Short Films

I have decided to produce a short film for my A2 media course work from the design briefs that we have been given. With the short film are two ancillary tasks which I must also complete, I have chosen the poster for the film and a film magazine review page featuring the film. But first, before any of this I must present some history of short films, and some research into the conventions and features.


Research and information gathered from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-life/7593291/The-long-history-of-short-films.html

This timeline that I have created narrates the history of the short film, from its birth to now. It is important to understand the history of short films because they used to be the only films around and now they can be deemed insigificant in comparison to feature films. However they are not insigificant and as my timeline explains, short films are still extremly popuular nowadays with specific short film, film festivals and websites dedicated to this type of media. Now I understand the history I need to continue with my research into the conventions of this film genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment