Tuesday 27 September 2011

Conventions of a short film

To be able to accurately produce a realistic short film I need to be able to acknowledge and understand the key conventions of the short film genre.


This research into the generic conventions of short films, enabled me to understand what features are usually found within the short film genre. For example the twist which can be seen in so many short films which have been made. Knowing and udnerstanding these conventions, now allows me to take these and use them when writing the narrative for my own short film. When writing this narrative I will aim to follow at least some of these conventions and if not then I will be able to explain why I have chosen to break the conventions mentioned here.

1 comment:

  1. Yasmine,

    I like the fact that you are referring to what you think you have learned in the final paragraph. However, I think that it is a bit brief and clumsily worded here (you appear to have missed the word 'my' before 'brain'.

    I think that you should certainly build on what you have learned, I.e., understanding the conventions probably gave you whole new ideas for your plot and the way that you are going to film it, etc

    ReplyDelete